Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Review: Dark Lover


I just read Dark Lover straight through, and what can I say? Most of what I'm feeling for this book is just a warm, unarticulated feeling of glee. I loved it. I love the idea of Wrath, The Blind King of the vampires. He was as hot as hell -- this book gets 5/5 for eroticism, definitely. However, the other five members of the Black Dagger Brotherhood were all also attractive to varying degrees, and this book was somewhat overshadowed by the fact that as soon as I read about Zsadist I wanted to read the novel devoted to him (though I hate the reappropriation of words and names by adding pointless letters - Wrath is the only one that has a correctly spelled word for a name. The rest are Rhage, Tohrment, Zsadist, etc.). Something that really sets this book apart is the language -- the male characters talk like rappers, which I would have expected to annoy me, but it turned out to be refreshing and enhanced the appeal and charm of the characters.

No comments: