Thursday, July 19, 2007

Kelley Armstrong: Exit Strategy

Title: Exit Strategy
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Publisher/Series: Spectra
Original Date of Publication: June 26, 2007
Genre/Subgenre: Mystery/Romantic Suspense
Part of a Series? Yes - Nadia Stafford Series


Exit Strategy is the first book in a new series by Kelley Armstrong, or at least I assume it is the first book in a new series. As far as the romantic element goes, it leaves a lot to be desired, but in a good way. There is a well-done UST (unresolved sexual tension) between the main female character Nadia and Jack. The plot of the book is original, and Kelley once again shows her talent for writing an excellent mystery in the midst of a story of real-seeming characters with realistic personal problems. I've always admired the way Kelley could make a werewolf or a witch seem real to me, and she continues the trend with Nadia the cop-turned-assassin.



I suggest this book to people who are fans of the Women of the Otherworld series, as well as those who enjoy fast-paced mysteries with a hint of romantic undertones. The assassin plot is believable, and I highly enjoyed seeing the opposite side of the spectrum in a mystery. It is a nice change from the police/FBI novels I'm used to.



From an author's point of view, keep an eye out for the chapters from the perspective of the victims, and the killer. They were my favourite part of the book because they allowed an insight into things the reader may not have been able to see otherwise. For the romantics out there, make sure to pay special attention to the one in the theatre.

1 comment:

Falina said...

Excellent, I've been thinking about reading some more Kelley Armstrong, but I'm only half-interested in continuing the series I've been reading.