Saturday, February 2, 2008

Let's Talk Romance: Coming Soon

I just went nuts at Chapters and bought seven new books:


I like how it's a combination of teen fiction and erotica, with a mystery novel thrown in because I am obsessed with reading organization self-help books and online tips. With any luck I'll be reviewing some of these on here soon.

I'm really impressed with the books in the Teen section of Chapters. I haven't explored Young Adult books in a long time and I was surprised to find that tons of major adult authors are writing teen books now. Even though Companions of the Night is one of my favourite romance novels and also happens to be a young adult book, looking for romance in the Teen section just hasn't occurred to me. It makes sense though -- teen books, because of their content restrictions, are great places to find UST. They're also great places to find angst because, well, they're TEEN books. However, just because content is restricted doesn't mean they aren't as complex as adult books. There was a huge selection of dark-paranormal-romantic stuff in there and a lot of it looked more complex than anything I've found in Romance or Horror lately. I'm definitely going to be browsing that section more from now on.

No comments: