Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Review: A Cottage by the Sea

Title: A Cottage by the Sea
Author: Ciji Ware
Publisher/Category: Fawcett Gold Medal
Genre/Subgenre: Contemporary Romance
Part of a Series? No
This book isn't really my type, but it was well-written, the characters were interesting and believable, and though it wasn't dark, there was a lot of angst to it. It's also got multiple narratives (one thread in the past, one in the present). I normally don't like that because there's inevitably one narrative thread I like more than the other, and I spend half the novel impatiently skimming. However, the two threads intersect enough in A Cottage by the Sea so that my interest didn't wane too much. It's also very family/baby-oriented, but again, that didn't cause the distaste it usually does for me. The descriptions were wonderful -- I always love reading things set in rural England. Overall, it was a very enjoyable read.

No comments: